Arlington, Texas Hotel near University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, Texas University Hotel -Located five miles from the University of Texas at Arlington, Wingate by Wyndham Arlington is a sophisticated hotel that delivers a refreshing mix of Lone Star hospitality and modern services. With an attractive, contemporary design, oversized rooms and suites, and travel enhancing features, this exceptional Arlington hotel lets students, professors, faculty, athletes and families unwind in style. UTA affiliates are invited to enjoy a 10% (off rack) Student Discount.
Find out about more about our Arlington Specials & Packages
University of Texas at Arlington Athletics -The University of Texas at Arlington boasts a competitive and successful athletics program, with 14 NCAA Division I teams for men and women. UTA Mavericks basketball, baseball, cross-country, golf, track, tennis, softball and volleyball teams compete in the Southland Conference.
Named "The Best Place in America to Watch College Basketball" by Sports Illustrated in 1997, Texas Hall is the home to UTA's men's and women's basketball and volleyball teams. Possibly the most unique setting for intercollegiate events in the nation, the Mavericks' home court seats 4,200 and allows fans two different ways to watch the game.
University of Texas at Arlington Academic Life -The University of Texas at Arlington delivers a dynamic learning environment, diverse academic programs, a dedicated faculty and unsurpassed research opportunities to the roughly 30,000 students enrolled. UTA offers 190 bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees in 10 schools and colleges: Architecture, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Honors, Liberal Arts, Nursing, Science, Social Work, and Urban and Public Affairs.
The School of Urban and Public Affairs is the state's only program of higher education devoted exclusively to urban research, service and education. U.S. News & World Report has named UTA's distance education programs in education, engineering and business among the best in the nation.
The Planetarium at the University of Texas at Arlington -The Planetarium at the University of Texas at Arlington. The Planetarium at the University of Texas at Arlington brings state-of-the-art stargazing to the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.
With its 60-foot dome and Digistar 3D projection system, the Planetarium uses the latest technology to teach stargazers about astronomical wonders. Among the stellar visuals at the Planetarium is Texas Sky Tonight, which focuses on celestial objects currently visible in the Texas night sky.
University of Texas at Arlington Research Highlights
- UTA Libraries offer 1,118,702 volumes and the largest collection of rare maps of Texas.
- Faculty and student researchers have access to a new supercomputer that exceeds the capabilities of any other university in the Fort Worth-Dallas area.
- The Arlington Technology Incubator links UTA's research capabilities with the business community, benefiting the University and the marketplace.
- The Nanotechnology Research & Training Facility is one of only a handful in the nation studying this emerging science that involves the fabrication of extremely small devices.
- The Automation & Robotics Research Institute (ARRI) is the premier manufacturing research institute in the Southwest with a 15-year, $770 million impact on the North Texas economy.
For more information about the University of Texas at Arlington, please visit http://www.uta.edu/uta.